Some folks seem to be intrigued or even enamored with the National Restaurant Association’s dancing flash mob at a recent event. Pardon me if I seem a bit skeptical, but I’m wondering:
- If I were an NRA member, would this would this 21st century version of the electric slide make me more or less likely to attend an NRA event in the future? (Out of respect for others, I prefer to do my dancing in dark, crowded places, where my ridiculous moves can’t be easily discerned — some of you can attest to this)
- What value did this add to the event?
- How is it that everyone in the flash mob knows the dance? Was there a flash mob rehearsal? (oh, look! there was)
- Why is there a lady holding a red “Flash Mob Dance” sign?
- Couldn’t they have done a flash mob around something, say, restaurant-related?
The whole thing seems a bit too forced, contrived, and — dare I say, corporate — to me.
Lesson learned? Social media is usually best left to the community.